10 Things You Should Know About Digital Signage
10 Things You Should Know About Digital Signs
Considering replacing your more traditional signage with digital? Digital signage is a great way to cut through other distractions that might be stopping potential customers from visiting your store, but it is also a great way to market to those people who are already in your store or business who are willing to spend money on a purchase.
There are plenty of benefits to utilising digital signage whether you have a small or large business, including an increased recall and retention rate, helping to boost revenue, low cost to run, easy to change the marketing message or advertising as needed and it can be connected with social media. There is a great deal of evidence that digital signage can capture 400% more views than static advertising, push more customers into your business, and boost your revenue by around 30%.
If you are considering the advantages of digital signage, what should you know before installing it and how can you take advantage of this eye-catching marketing tool?
How is Digital Signage Used and Who Uses It?
Digital signage is starting to become very commonplace in many businesses across the country and it isn’t just your typical outdoor temporary signage anymore; plenty of businesses are taking advantage of full colour and video LED signs to attract more customers to the business, retain business and keep customers and clients entertained while they wait.
You’ll see digital signage used by industrial and commercial, as well as places like hotels, hospitals, fast food and takeaway restaurants, resorts, doctors’ surgeries, retail, schools, public transport and much more.
10 Advantages Of Digital Signage
- 1. You have the ability to change and update content any time anywhere. As long as you have an internet connection you can change and update the advertising and marketing shown on any of your digital screens. This is perfect for those flash sales in a retail store or for breaking news in your waiting room.
- 2. Looking for digital signage for your restaurant or café? Take advantage of the ability to schedule advertising for certain parts of the day or certain days of the week. This lets you advertise your lunch specials, daily specials or events you might be holding on that particular day.
- 3. Not only do you have the ability to upsell to waiting customers, but you can increase engagement and sales with special deals that are only available in store via your digital signage. This is a great way to increase those impulse buys, or if you are advertising in a clinic, a good way to increase appointments for side treatments such as skin cancer checks, beauty therapy or massage sessions.
- 4. Do you regularly receive complaints from clients and customers about how long they need to wait for their appointment? Digital signage gives you the option of broadcasting news, promotions, advertising, graphics and relevant videos which can cut down the perceived waiting time.
- 5. Print advertising is slow – digital signage lets you get right onto advertising new promotions, products or services without needing to wait for your print advertising to be created and shipped.
- 6. Digital advertising is much better for the environment and your budget in the long run. Print advertising is often a one-off which means that you are only going to waste your brochures, banners and posters once your current promotion is done. Digital signage gives you the benefit of updating your marketing and advertising without throwing anything away.
- 7. Digital signage can improve communications and training with your staff. Your staff members can’t miss the advertising and they can see immediately what is being advertised or promoted, which means even if they are rushing in the door before their shift, they’ll know what’s going on. Your digital signage can also be used for staff training after work hours as you run through new promotions and advertising that is coming up.
- 8. Social media plays such a huge role in the promotion and marketing of a business and digital signage gives you the benefit of being able to combine your online presence with your physical presence. Show your business’s social media handles on your signage, display your latest messages and even display your customers’ updates when they tag that they are in your store – what a way to make your customer feel noticed and welcomed!
- 9. If you feel like you have to keep a constant eye on when to change out your print advertising, one of the biggest benefits to digital advertising is that you can pre-schedule content weeks and months in advance so you never miss a holiday special or a big event coming up. If you have multiple locations, you can customise your messages to each particular outlet.
- 10. One of the biggest advantages is that digital signage allows you to display content 24/7. Yes print advertising might do the same, but digital advertising stands out much easier and can be noticed and read from much further away, providing opportunities for those driving or walking past to notice your business.
Digital signage is a great way to transform your marketing and advertising, and it is easy to install. iCatcher knows all the tricks in designing, manufacturing and installing premium LED digital signage in Perth. If you need signage to suit your business and budget, whether small or large, give the team a call and organise an inspection and quote. You’ll have your digital signage up and running in no time.